Jacob and Johanna Tamble lost their ten year old son James, in a tragic accident.
Jacob and Johanna Tamble home at 208 Nelson Ave. in Brandon.
The family is sitting on the little porch that opened into the kitchen on the SE corner of the house. It led into an inner porch that went into the kitchen or into a dining room with a bay window. In the mid 50s, the ground floor of this house was changed to accommodate a downstairs residence and two apartments upstairs. Stairways in the house, one in the front hall and one in the back, gave access to the two apartments. Mr. & Mrs. Frank Carlson converted it into the apartments, at which time the garage as added to the north east side of the house and was built from lumber salvaged from the demolition of the barn that was near the alley. The little porch at the back of the house, was removed to give entrance to the one-stall garage.
Tambles owned a General Store building in 1912 until 1915, when it became property of Brandon State Bank, and much later it was sold to Holmgren and Christenson who ran the store until Roy Christenson was killed in China in a plane crash. The property included the whole lot from Front Street to the alley, and a part of the property is the site of the present Brandon Post office.
Jacob Tamble owned a furniture store that was located on the west side of Central Avenue at approximately the northern edge of Knotty Pine property. The Tamble family also owned other properties in Brandon.
The following sad story about James Tamble came from The Park Region Echo, 8 Oct. 1914 and also is on the Find A Grave website: