Saturday, January 1, 2022
Casper Pehan with his horses and buggy
Casper Pehan with his horses and buggy in the winter in Brandon. He is just in his shirt sleeves with no jacket, so it would not have been a winter like we are having now. Casper ran a Cafe in Brandon from 1912 until 1928. At some point he sold it to the Rogney family. In later years it was owned by the Courrier family. The Cafe burned to the ground in 1942 while the Courriers owned it. This Cafe was located approximately where the bank drive through and the parking space next to the Brandon City Office is now. Casper Started the Kamp Kappy Resort in 1928.
To the left is the Meat Market. In the center is the burned-out cafe. To the right is the Schelin store where the present Brandon City Office is located. To the rear is the old water tower.
Posted by Brandon Mn History Center at 2:24 PM