The Brandon Tile Factory was owned and operated by Oscar Newhouse from 1914 - 1945. It was located at 206 West Front Street. It was a center of attraction in town and everyone wanted to have their picture taken with the tiles. Between 4,000 and 6,000 concrete drain tile could be turned out each day. The cement used was brought in by rail and the sand came from the gravel pit at nearby Moon Lake. Some winters, if the sleighing was good, they would haul about 300 loads of sand by horse and sleigh, for use in the spring.